Trainer - Arden, NC
Location: Arden, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential, and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force
20 Glenn Bridge Road Arden, NC 28704-9450
The role of the Warehouse Associate III is to assist in the training of new and current employees and to assist in all roles in the Distribution Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform various training sessions within the Distribution Center: For example, initial on-the-job training with new employees, and current employees cross-training into another work area.
- Conduct training - both as scheduled on a regular basis, such as safety, or supplemental training, such as post-incident training,m in coordination with the local Environmental Health and Safety Team.
- Certify employees on power equipment - both initial, and necessary recertifications.
- In conjunction with the certification of employees, ensure KPO Specialist has training data for updates on the local server.
- Makes suggestions on improving work procedures.
- Provide and maintain the vehicle checklist to include early arrival on the 1st day of the month (only the 1st Shift Trainer will exchange the documents).
- When not in the Trainer role, will report to the supervisor for assignment within 15 minutes of the start of the shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
Skills and Experience
- One year or more in a training capacity is preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills (Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, and SAP) for example.
- Core competencies Include: Technical/Position specific knowledge of each major area within the Distribution Center; Positive communications that support the Company culture; Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Note: This position is required to achieve satisfactory completion of the Powered Industrial Truck Trainer course (at Company expense).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work requiring continuous standing and bending.
- Must be able to operate the equipment properly.
- Must be able to drive a forklift and other warehouse equipment, read instructions, operate machines, and inspect parts, etc.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.