Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
46 Nooks Hill Road Cromwell, CT 06416
Manufacture of various parts to include the use of various tools and inspection items.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate and Setup :
- Manual Knee Mill
- Drill press
- Surface grinder
- CNC Milling machines (operate only)
- Inspect own work using various inspection tools such as micrometers, calipers, height gage and optical comparator
- Maintain quality and production standards
- Perform secondary operations as required
- Read blueprints
- Work with engineering to support product development
- Incorporate lean practices into daily activities
- Participate on continuous improvement teams
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Willing to work overtime
Skills and Experience
High School/GED or equivalent experience. At least 6 months experience. Ability to read, write English and do basic math. Individual must be physically able to lift 40 pounds.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.