Assistant Controller - Largo, FL
Location: Largo, Florida
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
6190 118th Ave N
Largo, FL 33773
This Senior level Accounting position, based in Largo, FL, will insure adherence to Hubbell Accounting Policies, Practices, and Controls. Position will serve as a Business Partner to the VP/GM to lend support to the business unit in achieving Operating Profit objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to work hands on within the business and communicate effectively up the chain of command.
- Work side by side with the VP/GM to develop improvement plans and make financially sound business decisions.
- Work with local and corporate leadership to develop the Annual Operating Plan and Profit Objectives for the Business.
- Analyze and prepare the monthly volume and profit forecasts.
- Participate in meetings with VP-GM/sales/business development leadership on a monthly/quarterly basis to review sales numbers and update forecast based on the input
- Participate in meetings with VP/GM and operations team along with sales/business development leadership for quarterly production planning meetings to forecast sales/shipments.
- Manage cycle counts and annual physical inventories and reconcile all differences.
- Assure adherence to SOX and Hubbell Accounting practices.
- Work with Internal and External Auditors as required.
- Assume fiduciary responsibility over all company assets.
- Special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Strong hands on SAP experience a significant plus.
- Proficiency in excel and OneStream helpful
- 5+ years cost accounting experience using SAP in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of general accounting experience using SAP
- Ability to travel on business related trips; ability to move to various locations within the Company; ability to communicate; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting
Masters in Accountancy or MBA preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.