Maintenance HVAC Specialist - Centralia, MO (1st Shift)
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
Analyze HVAC, mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for the takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain equipment.
2. Tests equipment to check for operational status and repair as needed.
3. Will be required to install, maintain, and repair heating and refrigeration equipment for comfort climate control, and various production needs.
4. Required to recommend replacement of defective or worn out equipment. To install but not limited to, heating units, air handling equipment, boilers, refrigeration units, furnaces, pumps, compressors, condensers, and all other equipment components in the areas.
5. Assembles and connects pipes, metal duct work, and various other connecting assemblies to repair and install units related to the job demands.
6. Will be required to soldering, brazing, welding, copper sweating, and various other duties in connection with compressed air, gas (natural or propane), water, or sprinkler systems.
7. Required to install, adjust, and repair sensitive electrical or manual controls on all heating and cooling equipment, and to work from blueprints, sketches, schematics, drawings, notes, or verbal directions.
May be required to perform various other duties in the department and operate other pieces of equipment such as but not limited to: forklift, crane, hand tools, saws, drills, etc., and other pieces of equipment as required by supervisor or the job requirement.
Skills and Experience
Associates degree from an authorized technical school, or equivalent experience, with a recommended 30 plus credit hours or trade school, or a journeyman status from an approved apprentice program. Will be required to have and maintain an EPA 608 Certification.
* Ability to lift 60-80 lbs. manually when loading and unloading parts, material, dies, fixtures, setting up equipment, and all other manual processes, design layouts, and duties in the job.
* Ability to lift 50Jlbs. manually from floor to waist and waist to floor.
* Ability to walk. see and hear in order to reasonably perform essential job.functions.
* Full use of both hands.
* Ability to stand and perform various job functions for long periods of time, with
company standard break periods for rest.
* Ability to understand type and nature of essential job functions.
* Ability to understand necessary safety procedures and precautions.
* Mental/emotional endurance for repetitive performance of essential job functions.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.