Location: Greenville, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Produce parts per print for customer orders at various work stations throughout the press area in a timely manner, while complying with current ISO requirements, all safety requirements, and good housekeeping standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To operate machinery (i.e. piece presses, counter-sinkers, tappers) per requirements of print specifications, shop orders, and inspection charts.
- When required, assure that machine is operated with the proper coolants, lubricants, and other fluid levels maintained.
- Maintain production standards.
- May be required to work at any workstation to meet production requirements.
- Inspect product to assure continued conformance to specifications.
- When required, perform rework to nonconforming product.
- Complete all documentation associated with the operation.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workstation area.
- May be required to train any new employee assigned to the area.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisors.
Training - Successfully complete:
- Safety Training
- Quality Training
- ISO Training
- Explain the operation the trainee will be learning and how it fits into the entire picture and process.
- Explain the routing of the product before this task and afterwards
- Introduce the trainee to the area setup person, and nearby employees who may be able to provide assistance when needed.
- When the trainer must leave the immediate work area, the trainee should be informed.
- Protective guards must be kept in place while the machinery is running.
- When a problem arises, press “STOP” button immediately and contact the setup person or supervisor.
- Do not tamper with electrical controls, switch boxes and air valves. Contact the setup person if a problem arises in these units.
- When loading machinery, make sure parts are properly secured in the fixture before starting the machinery.
Skills and Experience
- Must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily and meet the physical demands to successfully perform the essential function of this job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or physical ability required. At CMC’s discretion, exceptions to these can be made to accommodate individual circumstances.
- Education and/or experience – High school diploma or GED preferred. Employee must be able to perform basic reading, writing and mathematical functions.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and write. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, memorandums and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Mathematical Skills – Basic mathematical skills are required. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to understand and carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registration – None required for this press operator.
- Physical Requirements – The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities include close vision, color, distance, peripheral and ability to adjust focus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.