Firmware Engineering Intern (Summer 2023) - Somersworth, NH
Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
We are on a journey, with our electric, gas and water utility partners, to supply smart infrastructure solutions to enable automation and control of their distribution networks. Our cloud native solutions are foundation to more resilient, efficient and ultimately modern grid and ensure security, stability and operational efficiency across all three commodities: electric, water and gas.
At Aclara Technologies LLC, a division of Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS), we help utilities manage change, seek new approaches, and harness data and new technologies to supply more efficient and reliable services to their customers. As an end-to-end, smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) partner we couple innovative technology with data-driven solutions to predict, plan and respond to system conditions across electric, gas or water distribution networks. We offer a comprehensive suite of solutions comprised of meters and edge devices, advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), cloud native and meter data management solutions. We also offer advanced grid monitoring and grid analytics, asset management and field project management and installation solution, and provision of labor with a single point of accountability to utilities. Our cloud native industrial IoT and predictive analytics solutions give our customers actionable insights with real-time visibility of their distribution networks to optimize operations and engage with their consumers to promote energy efficiency and conservation.
Join us on this journey in providing smart infrastructure solutions and helping our customers deal with today’s and tomorrow’s complex challenges.
130 Main Street
Somersworth, NH 03878
In this position you will be part of a team that develops real-time embedded firmware for microprocessor-based grid modernizing products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and test embedded firmware and related applications for microprocessor-based grid modernizing products in an Agile development environment.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings and sprint planning sessions to track and plan your development work
- Lead and participate in code and design reviews.
- Make presentations to engineering and management teams.
Skills and Experience
- Strong C programming language skills
- Experience with Python programming
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience with GIT.
- Experience with Microsoft's Azure Dev Ops
- Experience developing with an Agile process
- Cortex M4 knowledge
- Experience with tools such as oscilloscopes, function generators, logic analyzers
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.