Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Chatsworth, CA
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
9140 Lurline Avenue
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Hubbell is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The incumbent will be part of a growing and diverse team during a time of transition. As part of a recent acquisition, the Chatsworth facility is experiencing exciting growth. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will provide leadership and be responsible for all aspects of Manufacturing engineering, maintenance, and sustainability functions of the Chatsworth, CA facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for managing the Manufacturing engineering, maintenance, and sustainability functions of the plant
- Oversees maintenance service and repair for all equipment
- Provides engineering support for the purchase, construction, installation, and modification of production facilities
- Incumbent must manage the budgets of the Maintenance and Manufacturing Engineering Departments, while preserving assets, reducing operating costs, and increasing equipment up time (reduce downtime)
- Additionally, the Manufacturing Engineering Manager has a major impact on the overall safety, productivity, sustainability, and efficiency of the facility through improved engineering designs, capital evaluations and sourcing
- Provide technical leadership to a team of manufacturing support engineers/project engineers supporting the manufacturing of enclosures
- Responsible for the design, construction, maintenance, and/or repair of plant equipment and machinery
- Establishes standards and policies for operating procedures and inspection of maintenance equipment
- Routine facility maintenance duties including plant electrical infrastructure, chilled water systems, HVAC and air exchange systems, facility structural maintenance, facility security, compressed air systems and water systems
- Develop monitoring systems which will evaluate the health of facility maintenance
- Coordinate all preventative maintenance systems through in plant labor and outside services
- Manage technicians as assigned to accomplish engineering department tasks
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Experience managing maintenance and engineering departments
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and training skills
- Dynamic, results oriented, metric driven, disciplined leadership
- Excellent Staff development and engagement skills
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred
- SAP Experience preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).