Factory Clerk - Winsted, CT
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Collaborates with appropriate parties to review expected deliveries. Shipments are signed for, packages unloaded from incoming trucks, contents inspected to ensure they are not damaged, and all packages verified according to orders and invoices. Maintain support documentation for all billed invoices
Major Job Responsibilities
- Obtain and process product orders, including receiving deliveries, and distributing packages
- Maintain the company stockroom through organizing, cleaning and cataloging
- Plan logistics to ensure there is sufficient storage space for incoming items and staff on hand to manage the shipments
- Keep records for manager
- Troubleshoot shipping issues and customer complaints that arise and work to solve them
- Place merchandise in a warehouse or storage facility by packaging, lifting items as necessary, operating forklifts and pallet jacks for large goods
- Verify inbound/outbound shipments (quantity, quality, packaging, etc.)
- Maintain loading dock and shipping office including all necessary labels, equipment, materials and supplies
Education and Training Requirements
- Ability to understand and able to use SAP and Microsoft Office programs
- High School Diploma or GED with some experience in a similar role
- Must have previous experience at least 1 year of driving a fork truck
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop or bend, reach above shoulders up to 25% of time
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.