Environmental, Health and Safety Manager - Rocky Mount, NC
Location: Rocky Mount
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
546 English Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Develop, implement and continually improve Hubbell’s Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) programs to reduce risk, prevent incidents and comply with all government regulations and company philosophies while optimizing costs, for the Rocky Mount, NC facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement EHS systems, policies and procedures, campaigns and programs to prevent occupational injuries and illnesses, and enhance the overall site safety culture.
- Investigate and report on all safety and occupational health related injuries/incidents and implement countermeasures to prevent recurrence. Adhere to company and government reporting requirements.
- Perform workplace safety audits/inspections, PPE analysis, job hazard analysis (JHA), ergonomic evaluations, etc., and recommend/implement preventive/corrective actions where EHS hazards exist.
- Coordinate and/or perform all employee training required to assure understanding and compliance with EHS programs, company policy, and government regulations.
- Interact with agency contacts and lead on-site visits or inspections from EHS regulatory personnel.
- Oversee all chemical and hazardous waste management, including transportation.
- Manage all aspects of environmental permitting to ensure compliance with all requirements (air, water, waste, etc.)
- Accurately maintain EHS records and maintain compliance with federal, state and local regulatory agencies. Prepare and submit documentation as required.
- Serve as sponsor for the Employee Safety Committee. Ensure that monthly safety meetings and weekly safety Gemba walks are conducted and documented. Also provide any required support to all safety / environmental kaizen events or R3’s conducted, as well as follow up on any open EHS action items.
- Maintain a current and working knowledge of EHS regulations and understand how they impact the business.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years' of EHS management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong background and experience in environmental permitting and chemical management
- Working knowledge of Federal/State Regulatory Requirements
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word and other related programs
- Travel may be required (up to 10%)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.