Engineer - Broken Arrow, OK
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We are hiring a Product Engineer to our growing team!
Responsible for all product engineering activities for a respective Product Line Business Team (PLBT), for assigned new product development projects, existing product modifications, maintenance, and industry standards interaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiles and communicates engineering documentation and product analyses to the Sales and Customer Service teams on time for customer quoting.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining product engineering documentation such as drawings, bills of materials, routings, etc. Documents any needed material specs and testing requirements from customers and maintains the latest revisions.
- Ensures all new product quality requirements are defined. Confers with the legal department and safety representative on product liability concerns.
- Responsible for initiating engineering changes and overseeing ECN process.
- Approves shop deviations and material substitutions as appropriate.
- Participates in industry committees such as WUA as appropriate.
- Provide technical product support and training to sales team and customers.
- Responsible for regular product costing reviews. Proposes and implements design and specification changes that will result in cost reductions. Proposes price increases to the Sales team.
- Suggests and implements product modifications to improve product manufacturability in support of Operations and Marketing.
- Responsible for managing the engineering project system and reporting on associated metrics for the department. Ensures projects are completed in a timely fashion providing a high level of support for the Sales and Customer Service teams.
- Assists with the annual budget and cost roll processes.
- Provides drafting support for shop tooling and fixturing.
- Recommends and assigns department work priorities, goals and time requirements that insure prompt and correct completion of department objectives.
- Monitors assignment progress and employee performance through regular reviews and appraisals.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university.
- Three plus years of related experience and/or training.
- Fosters an environment where motivation and attitude are positive.
- Acts as a mentor for subordinates.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to create 3D solid models in SolidWorksKnowledge Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of engineering functions in SAP.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience creating failure modes and effects analyses (FMEA).
- Knowledge of Database, Design and Development software.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.