Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) - Wadsworth, OH
Location: Wadsworth, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
8711 Wadsworth Road
The Production Supervisor in the MOV Department will plan, organize, staff, direct, and control the department’s effort to produce fabricated parts for a MOV assembly plant. .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead teams that are focused on the primary purposes of daily operation through safety, quality, service, and productivity levels within budgetary guidelines
- Ensure hourly workforce is flexible and properly trained
- Ensure the workforce operates in safe manner and the work environment is clean and orderly
- Pursue continuous improvement in areas such as scrap reduction and effectivity increases, while minimizing cost
- Support efforts to maintain ISO certification
- Develop and initiate cost reduction measures
- Must handle the interpersonal aspect of the job including disciplinary activity, coordination with other supervisors, work rule enforcement, and labor relations
- 2nd Shift job responsibilities Monday-Thursday 3pm-1am
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Experience in a Fabrication or Production shop supervising employees
- College Degree
- Ability to read and properly interpret blueprints/mechanical drawings.
- Microsoft Office and SAP experience.
- Experience in structural steel fabrication (welding, plasma cutting, grinding, drilling)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.