Packaging Engineer - Manchester, NH
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Develop packaging specifications for new and existing products as assigned. Coordinates engineering tasks and communicates with other organizational resources to complete project assignments on new or existing products and/or product lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for receiving, reviewing and evaluating project requests and planning general activities for project completion.
- Analyzes departmental technical requirements and provide packaging recommendations to satisfy these needs.
- Oversee and manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development, and performance testing when necessary.
- Create packaging instructions and documentation for all products to establish packaging standards via detailed digital photos and CAD illustrations.
- Identify and analyze current product packaging for damage and cube reduction.
- Identify and implement packaging projects for cost reductions support and productivity initiatives.
- Provide feasibility and cost savings analyses related to packaging cost improvement projects.
- Lead and execute packaging related projects
- Participates on cross functional teams to ensure completion of all tasks associated with project requirements.
- Initiates drawing orders, engineering changes, sample and prototype requests, purchase requests, and other necessary paperwork to complete project assignments and/or maintain assigned product line(s).
- Responsible for reporting the status and progress of projects and performing additional duties to complete projects and assignments.
Skills and Experience
- A 4-year Engineering related Degree is required, with Packaging Science degree strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Packaging Programs, such as CAPE and ArtiosCAD or equivalent.
- Proficiency in 3-D modeling experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Access, Excel, Work and Project Software is needed.
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge is needed, with previous experience working in a Lean environment preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are needed
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.