PCB Manufacturing Engineer - Largo, FL
Location: Largo, Florida
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
6190 118th Ave N.
Largo, FL 33773
The PCB Manufacturing Engineer is a key role within Beckwith Electric. This position is responsible for developing, evaluating, and improving production processes and methodologies used to manufacture new and existing products. Key focus is to ensure the efficient cost-effective manufacture of high-quality products in support of strategic objectives. The position is responsible for printed circuit board assemblies used with our products, which serve the power generation and distribution industry.
Beckwith Electric has a long-standing reputation of providing industry leading power system control products. These highly configurable products utilized advanced printed circuit board assemblies integrated into both standard and customer specific metal and Lexan enclosures.
An important responsibility of this role is to ensure that printed circuit board manufacturing production lines and machinery are running at peak efficiency. The manufacturing engineer is responsible for analyzing any issues as they arise, working out a solution, and coordinating with the Beckwith Electric engineering organization to ensure short-term fixes and/or long-term resolutions are acted upon in a timely fashion.
Beckwith Electric embraces the principals and practices of Lean/6-Sigma manufacturing. The individual in this role is expected to demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset utilizing Lean/6-Sigma skillsets to: improve printed circuit board production line efficiency; identify and eliminate waste; eliminate rework; reduce excess motion; minimize errors and error opportunities; and minimize variation.
New Product Introduction
Beckwith Electric is a customer-focused organization with a strong record of developing best-in-class solutions for our customers. The PCB manufacturing engineer at Beckwith plays a key role in new product development by being the voice of design for printed circuit board manufacturability within integrated product teams, and either integrating the new product into existing production lines or developing a new production line for efficient and error-free build.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes related to printed circuit board assembly builds.
- Is a champion for identifying and eliminating waste from all steps in the production chain.
- Actively participates in design for manufacturability of new and existing products.
- Create and maintain work instructions for new and existing products.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods utilizing Lean/6-Sigma toolsets.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, production line layout, Kanban sizing, etc. for maximum efficiency.
- Develop and maintain process metrics for measurement of process capabilities.
- Applies statistical methods to understand current process capabilities, understand potential capabilities, and develop plans to improve.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities to support production schedules.
- Point of interface for all printed circuit board production issues and works to solve all issues. If issue requires modification/red-line to design, bill of materials, drawings, etc., will propose possible solutions for engineering implementation.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with suppliers to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts.
- Creation and maintenance of PMP (Preventative Maintenance Plans) or applicable manufacturing equipment and tooling.
- Equipment/machine setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting when required.
- Implement and maintain ISO 9000 procedures directly related to process control, and provide guidelines as required for other related processes.
Skills and Experience
Required EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated success as a manufacturing engineer
- Strong background in application of Lean/6-Sigma principles
- Strong background with setup and improvement of printed circuit board assembly production lines and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and troubleshoot automated machine programs including SMT placement, thru-hole placement, and conformal coating machinery
- Demonstrated knowledge of printed circuit boards and components used in the manufacture of printed circuit board assemblies, subassemblies, and end-item units. (i.e. IPC-610 and J-Standard standards)
- Strong Background with new product development pertaining to design for manufacturability
- Knowledge of integrated financial/ERP systems.
- Knowledge of a “stage gate”, or similar product development process.
- Exceptional communication skills (written/verbal/presentation/relationship building)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office suite products.
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- The ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, etc. forms and move projects to completion.
- The ability to work with and without direct supervision.
- Annual demonstration of continuing education through course work, seminars, conferences, certifications, etc.
Desired EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Lean/6-Sigma Black Belt / Green Belt
- Advanced degree in technical or business discipline.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of power industry.
- Experience with power industry controls and actuators
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.