Quality Engineer - Chatsworth, CA
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring a Quality Engineer to our growing team!
Hubbell is on the search for a Quality Engineer to be part of our team. The incumbent will be part of a growing and diverse team during a time of transition. As part of a recent acquisition, the Chatsworth facility is experiencing exciting growth. We are looking for a Quality Engineer who will be responsible for identifying quality issues and executing quality improvement opportunities throughout the Chatsworth, CA facility. This includes improving overall quality performance toward World Class Manufacturing. This individual will be an active coach on the production floor, helping all personnel understand and carry out quality principles each day while fostering the right culture of participation and engagement. Candidate must be a highly motivated and independent worker who has a passion for quality and the development of others. Position will offer complex challenges that require teamwork, in-depth data analysis, original thinking, persistence, and a positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes
- Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error, and determining levels of confidence
- Develops sampling plans by applying appropriate sampling methods
- Maintains statistical process controls to evaluate quality data and find solutions to quality issues
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests
- Ensures products adhere to company and industry quality standards
- Helps develop inspection work instructions and trains employees and supervisors on the process
- Conducts performance process capability studies
- Document results and findings of quality inspections and creates action plans to resolve any deficiencies
Skills and Experience
- Minimum experience of 3-5 years in a Manufacturing environment, preferably in a quality or engineering role
- Bachelor’s in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Must be able to explain and convince why people should follow a certain direction (sell your ideas to others).
- Must be able to reach consensus with Top Management and support the given vision/ direction.
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications and will be discussed during the interview process. The salary range for this role is $70,000 - $85,000 per year. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
9140 Lurline Ave Chatsworth, CA 91311
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you!