Foundry Specialist - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1615 Moores Street
Leeds, AL 35094
Performs any combination of following tasks in foundry concerned with melting metal,pouring metal into molds, removing castings from molds, dressing castings, moving
foundry materials, and cleaning equipment and work areas: Moves sand, castings, flasks, or other materials about foundry by hand, using wheelbarrow or cart, or by loading them
Duties and Responsibilities
Requires average math skills, simple oral communication skills; ability to read
and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and
reports in English
- Must have background in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience operating a forklift is preferred, but not required
- Must be physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling,
- Must be able to work scheduled hours and comply with the company's
- Must be able to consistently stand for entire shift
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Must be a team player.
Self-assess work and use good judgment to ensure that a quality product is
- Strong work ethic and strong attention to detail.
- Must be reliable and trustworthy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
Ability to sit and/or stand and perform repetitive work for a minimum of eight
- Ability to walk, hear, see and have full use of both hands.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. from floor to waist high and waist to floor.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.