Sr. Cost Accountant - Birmingham, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This position is based in greater Birmingham, Alabama (Leeds).
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Sr. Cost Accountant serves as a key member of the Finance team with responsibility for various accounting and costing functions. Responsibilities require knowledge of cost accounting, manufacturing processes, generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP) and SAP best practices. Business has locations in Leeds, Alabama and Winsted, Connecticut.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support monthly closing and reporting process, using SAP and Hyperion/OneStream
- Provide monthly variance analysis regarding production costs and department expenses
- Prepare and load monthly department forecast
- Review, analyze and update standard product costs as they relate to material, labor and burden/overhead
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of standard costs (BOMs and routings)
- Provide analysis to support Internal and External Audits of the Business Unit
- Assist in execution of annual operating plan
- Support process improvement initiatives related to internal controls and financial reporting
- Assist in managing the cycle count program and annual physical inventories and reconcile all differences
- Assist in the fixed asset control and maintenance processes
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors in Accounting
- 3+ years of Manufacturing Cost Accounting experience
- Strong hands-on SAP experience a significant plus
- Strong analytical skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.