Buyer I - Knightdale, NC
Job Type: Not Specified
The PCX Buyer is responsible for procurement of all production related material in a timely and cost-effective manner. The Buyer works closely with other outside departments to identify and order all parts and material listed on the bill of materials and ensures that all items are available for manufacturing when needed. The Buyer works within Purchasing to monitor vendor performance and identify potential cost and lead time savings for PCX.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule, and purchase an adequate supply of materials required for the completion of customer requirements.
- Place orders for material in a timely manner. Initiate appropriate action to advance, delay or cancel previously scheduled materials and strive to control inventory levels while supporting customer requirements. Identify alternatives when schedule changes or delays are identified
- Work closely with Engineering, Production and Manufacturing departments to identify and order materials and equipment for customer projects.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Warehouse to ensure materials and equipment are ordered and received according to project needs.
- Listens and follows directions from leads and supervisors.
- Adheres to PCX Quality Management System and ISO9001 standards.
- Must follow PCX safety guidelines and requirements. Wears required PPE at all times.
- Works in a timely, efficient manner to meet all daily performance objectives.
- Maintains tools and equipment in proper working condition.
- Identify material and equipment issues.
- Must be able to read and understand posted bulletins, regulations, rule books, manufacturer manuals, and work instructions
- Must be able to work in a team environment which requires cooperating with others, offering help when needed, and maintaining positive work relationships
- Ensure working environment is clean and safe.
- Ability to work 10 hours per day and weekends as required
Skills and Experience
- Two years purchasing/ procurement experience. Experience with industrial electrical components in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree or higher in business related discipline preferred.
- Experience in the use of ERP systems for production planning and material procurement.
370 Spectrum Dr
Knightdale, NC 27545
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.