Field Application Engineer (Western Region) - Remote
Location: Boonton, New Jersey, Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This position can be located in any area of the Western United States including but not limited to: Denver, CO; Las Vegas, NV; Phoenix, AZ; Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Los Angeles, CA or neighboring metro areas.
The Field Application Engineer will support customer service representatives, agents, and Hubbell subsidiaries by providing technical support and sustaining efforts in promoting/selling products. Will interact directly with customers in the field to provide support. Work as liaison between engineering, manufacturing, and sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Product Groups to provide product information (drawings, test reports, etc.) for quotations to Field Sales, Agents, Distributors, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers when necessary and required
- Provide training and select technical information to Territory Managers, agents, Distributors, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers for product specifications and applications
- Assist with resolve customer issues, debit/credit requests, evaluate damaged products, etc.
- Assist in preparation of technical publications and review technical information and illustrations
- Review customer product specifications and maintain up-to-date file in customer files
- Aid in organization and presentation of material for seminars, industry meetings, and trade shows
- Provide recommendations on application products using calculations, software, drawings, testimonials, and industry accepted standards to support recommendation
- Provide application-specific product recommendations to customers
- Influence customer specifications
- Provide troubleshooting of current product in service through telecommunication or onsite visits Provide competitive information to internal departments and outside sales force as required
Skills and Experience
- BS Degree in Engineering; Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience working with Electrical Distribution products preferred but not required
- Experience supporting utility customers and stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel on business related trips (up to 60%); occasional international travel may be required
- Ability and willingness to be located within a specified territory
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.