Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager - Oklahoma City, OK (Hybrid)
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The EHS Manager position is responsible for developing, planning, coordinating and directing environmental, health and safety activities to ensure employee engagement, regulatory compliance and implement the EHS management system to protect human health and the environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compliance with OSHA, EPA, DOT, and Company EHS requirements.
- Develop EHS policies, procedures and programs as required.
- Manage safety and environmental regulatory processes, trainings, and programs to ensure compliance and to improve safety culture.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver EHS training to address regulatory standards and corporate environmental policies, programs and procedures.
- Conduct required EHS inspections and assist with internal EHS auditing programs.
- Develop/Coordinate Emergency Response activities.
- Maintain necessary EHS-related documentation and reporting requirements.
- Manage accident and hazard investigations and recommend and/or implement corrective actions.
- Manage workers comp injuries and return to work on injured employees.
- Inspect workplaces and minimize or eliminate hazards from processes and materials.
- Maintain Hazard Communications Programs.
- Manage hazardous waste generation, storage and shipment in accordance with the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Manage non-hazardous waste streams with focus on cost minimization and volume reduction.
- Successfully complete RCRA/DOT training, as required.
Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of hazardous materials including hazardous wastes, asbestos, and other hazardous air pollutants.
- Knowledge and experience with OSHA, EPA and DOT compliance.
- Familiarity and appropriate experience in dealing with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Degree required. Prefer BS in environmental or chemical engineering, safety management, occupational and environmental health science, industrial risk management.
6801 S. Sunnylane Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73135
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.