Systems Architect - St. Louis, MO
Location: Creve Coeur
Job Type: Not Specified
If you are committed to environmentally friendly projects, security, safety, and advancing new approaches in technology, then Hubbell engineering is the place for you. Join our team to solve challenging problems and help make change in electrical products and utility.
The main purpose of the systems architect is to give shape and substance to the business’ vision for its Electric Vehicle charging solution. This is chiefly accomplished through the creation of architectural definitions and frameworks that both satisfy business level solution requirements and establish technical boundaries for system level requirements and designs by engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of solution level business requirements
- Create architectural artifacts to establish boundaries for system level requirements and designs including various structural and behavioral system models
- Ensure that architectures include system level, product level, user, supply chain, support, and other life cycle stakeholders’ perspectives
- Ensure system requirements and designs adherence to architectural constraints
- Staying current on emerging technologies and provide input into development of technology roadmap
- Staying up-to-date on all current and proposed solutions within the business to optimize solution/platform reuse
- Provide technical leadership in support of development teams and program execution
- Serving as a technical liaison between engineering and other departments within the business
- Educating the business on both the technical details of a given solution, but also the rationale behind its use and importance to the business
- Serve and stay up-to-date as subject matter expert in a particular domain
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or higher-level degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Systems Engineering.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years industry experience in which analysis of large complex systems was an important part of the job
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in defining large-scale complex systems working with the hardware, software and system level requirements
- Advanced analytical skills demonstrated in the analysis and definition of complex systems
- Ability to define abstract system concepts demonstrated in the creation of architectural models spanning system components
- Ability to lead cross functional teams through the design/development process
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of working independently and able to drive concepts to completion
- Experienced in the use of personal computers in a normal office environment including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams
- Excellent organization, presentation, oral and written communication skills to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to effect constructive contributions from team members
- Experience with at least one programming language (C, C++, C#, Java, Python, etc.)
- Master’s or higher-level degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Systems Engineering
- Experience with Matlab or other similar modeling tools
- Experience with Microsoft Visio and/or Enterprise Architect
- Versed in UML/SysML
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.