Product Development Manager - Cromwell, CT
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Develops and executes product portfolio strategies to grow Ripley Tools business worldwide. This is a key role within the company responsible for optimizing product line value through competitive pricing, product roadmaps, marketing, training, kitting and bundling and other initiatives. Using data-driven analyses and market intelligence, the Product Portfolio Manager will constantly apply best practices and adapt Ripley Tools product offerings to meet market needs. Ripley Tools is the leading manufacturer of wire and cable preparation and installation tools and test equipment with facilities in Connecticut, New Hampshire, Canada and the United Kingdom. Ripley Tools is a subsidiary of Hubbell Inc and part of Hubbell Power Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategies and plans to grow Ripley Tools revenue and profit through product portfolio decisions backed by rigorous market and data analyses.
- Manage product lifecycles via End-Of-Life and pricing and conversion strategies.
- Recommend new products based on sales and market intelligence combined with end-user engagements and experience feedback.
- Manage product pricing with effective competitive and market intelligence and proactive strategies to grow brand presence in target markets.
- Develop actionable insights into market and customer trends and needs with competitive and market intelligence, customer and partner feedback, and trend data.
- Assist with monthly and long-term sales forecasts for product lines and regions.
- Articulate competitive advantages and drive new Marketing initiatives to communicate features, benefits and applications to potential targeted buyers and end-users.
- Develop hands-on demonstration and training programs targeting installers, contractors, field technicians, trainers and key influencers.
- Communicate strategies, plans and needed actions effectively across the organization to assure alignment and achievement.
- Support new product development efforts with sales and engineering teams and external partners to position Ripley Tools for future opportunities.
- Guide the organization on new initiatives to position as an industry thought leader with broad outreach engagement ranging from field installers through senior executives.
- Extensive travel required in North America with occasional international travel.
Skills and Experience
- Experience with utility (power, telecom, wireless) infrastructure solutions, cables and/or tools required. A technical or engineering background is preferred.
- Experience working with cable and connectivity manufacturers and large telecom or power utility construction contractors.
- Must have over five (5) years’ experience in product management and be familiar with best practices combined with an analytical and practical mindset.
- Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office and ERP/CRM systems with strong data analysis skills.
- Must have leadership ability and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage in a matrix organization.
- A proven ability to analyze, plan and execute product portfolio initiatives to grow revenues and profits.
46 Nooks Hill Rd,
Cromwell, CT 06416
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.