Director, PMO (Hubbell Site Flexible) - Columbia, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina, Leeds, Alabama, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Site Flexible, in order of preference below:
1. Aiken, SC (Greater Columbia Area)
2. Leeds, AL (Greater Birmingham Area)
3. St. Louis, MO
Responsible for efficiently managing all Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) new product development initiatives, including serving as the primary point for escalation for project issues, supervising a team of project managers, managing project timelines and deliverables, providing status to HPS executive team, and adhering to high communication and professionalism standards. Internal development initiatives include creating PMO coverage for the HPS businesses. This position must be able to work collaboratively with teams of Engineers, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, Manufacturing, Sales, Quality Assurance, Customers, and other enterprise resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of project managers who are responsible for the following:
- Provide Project Management support in organizing and executing the development projects of new products and systems solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Support marketing management in orchestrating the definition of functional requirements, ensuring product-cost and project schedules meet market needs.
- Develop and maintain project schedule, provide support to Engineering Management by leading Product Design Reviews.
- Support Program and Marketing Management through the oversight of engineering development of customer specific products and system applications. Minimize risk to the company by ensuring engineering development efforts remain on schedule and within cost targets.
- Support the product development and test personnel during Alpha, Beta, First Article, Product and System Acceptance tests of new products and systems.
- Plan and manage the activities of engineering hardware, software, and systems design teams in the development of HPS products.
- Plan, organize and monitor the completion of requirement definitions, functional specifications, product design specifications, design documents, and system and technical architecture definition.
- Provide oversight and escalation on all new product development initiatives, including:
- Building and maintaining internal relationships at the escalation level.
- Working to resolve project issues and escalating as appropriate.
- Guiding the HPS team through project implementations.
- Managing change and mitigations.
- Lead new product development initiative projects from start to finish, including:
- Efficiently managing a team of project managers and tasks.
- Developing and tracking to a project budget and target dates.
- Interfacing with HPS leadership and Executive team.
- Effectively managing all project communications.
- Identifying and managing both risks and issues in a timely manner.
- Adhering to and enforcing project processes and methodologies.
- Project thought leadership towards the development of engineering solutions. This includes providing alternative delivery approaches to resolve issues and/or for risk mitigation.
- Provide leadership, management, and oversight to a team of Project Manager’s, including career guidance and mentoring.
- Forecast and manage staffing requests and assignments for all engagements.
- Create regular status reports summarizing status of all projects including financials, risks, mitigations, contingencies, and impact to revenue and present to Executive management.
- Scope new potential projects and assisting with the business case.
- Participate in various organizational initiatives including:
- Process and methodology development and improvement.
- Team building exercise creation and participation.
- Internal projects that may relate to sales, customer support, training, or engineering.
- Implementation of project management tools.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, other relevant field.
- Strong experience managing the implementation of complex new product development, with a combination of 5 years of Engineering project management.
- Participation in a Project Management Office (PMO)
- Experience managing project teams and providing leadership and individual guidance to staff
- Strong knowledge of MS Project
- Master’s degree in in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, other relevant field
- Utility/energy industry experience, particularly related to transmission and distribution systems
- PMP Certified
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.