Intern - Software Engineer
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Aclara’s Grid Monitoring platform utilities can detect faults with real-time information and continuously monitor power quality across all three phases of their medium voltage distribution network. With this actionable data, utilities can boost the reliability, efficiency and power quality across their distribution system. Aclara is helping utilities solve the real-world challenges and improve the reliability of the distribution grid. by provide fault information to quickly dispatch crews and monitor load or getting accurate measurements to improve efficiency.
13650 Dulles Technology Dr, Herndon, VA 20171
The intern will be a member of our software Agile team and perform tasks associated with the software development life cycle including design, development, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Front-end using CSS, HTML5, JQuery, JSON, and frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Business and service layers using Java, MVC, and Web API.
- Back-end using Java and MySQL databases. Participate in an agile scrum team. Take initiative and work independently with guidance from a mentor.
- Maintain existing code using Java and its ecosystem.
- Work on Proof of Concept on any new features/ideas
- Follow professional software development practices including code inspections, creation of automated unit tests and static analysis
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in an Object Oriented language – e.g. C#, Java, C++
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Attendance and punctuality are essential.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.