Intern - Firmware
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We are on a journey, with our electric, gas and water utility partners, to supply smart infrastructure solutions to enable automation and control of their distribution networks. Our cloud native solutions are foundation to more resilient, efficient and ultimately modern grid and ensure security, stability and operational efficiency across all three commodities: electric, water and gas.
At Aclara Technologies LLC, a division of Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS), we help utilities manage change, seek new approaches, and harness data and new technologies to supply more efficient and reliable services to their customers. As an end-to-end, smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) partner we couple innovative technology with data-driven solutions to predict, plan and respond to system conditions across electric, gas or water distribution networks. We offer a comprehensive suite of solutions comprised of meters and edge devices, advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), cloud native and meter data management solutions. We also offer advanced grid monitoring and grid analytics, asset management and field project management and installation solution, and provision of labor with a single point of accountability to utilities. Our cloud native industrial IoT and predictive analytics solutions give our customers actionable insights with real-time visibility of their distribution networks to optimize operations and engage with their consumers to promote energy efficiency and conservation.
Join us on this journey in providing smart infrastructure solutions and helping our customers deal with today’s and tomorrow’s complex challenges. (See more at www.Aclara.com)
77 West Port Plaza Suite 500
St Louis, MO 63146
Support the development of firmware associated with high volume electronic products within the Advance Metering Infrastructure AMI industry. Contribute to the development of documentation and firmware deliverables by developing unit test tools and infrastructure that supports the development lifecycle. Support the development of firmware associated with high volume electronic products within the Advance Metering Infrastructure AMI industry. Contribute to the development of documentation and firmware deliverables by developing unit test tools and infrastructure that supports the development lifecycle.
The Engineering Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including basic engineering tasks related to design, analysis, test, integration and systems engineering. Opportunities can vary from working in Application Tooling, Utility, Lean Manufacturing, Research & Development lab, New Product Development, continuous improvement or more.
Engineering Interns will typically support one or more experienced engineers in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the engineering department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Task assignments will include updates to the automated build and test environment
- Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
- Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Experience in planning and organizational skills
- Engineering research and technical assistance to engineers
- Review current engineering program activities to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
- Perform tests to assure quality control
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
- Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience
- Test and Build Automation
- Real Time Embedded Software (Firmware) Development Principles
- Continuous Integration and Test Principles
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Computer, Industrial, Civil, Aerospace, or STEM related degree)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.