Human Resources Generalist - Arden, NC
Location: Arden, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
The HR Generalist will primarily support the HR Manager at the Industrial Controls Division (ICD) plant in Arden, NC. The individual will provide additional HR assistance for other regional locations within the Harsh & Heavy Industrial (HHI) business unit. This position is a key member of the HHI business unit’s human resources team and responsible for understanding the business model/products and human resource capabilities in order to help support business growth. The role will be integral to the day-to-day execution of assigned human resources duties in order to support the business. Duties such as ad-hoc projects, absence coverage, assistance with scheduled employee events, reporting, recruitment, training/onboarding, employee relations, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resources Strategy: Work with the HR Manager and plant leadership team to implement a comprehensive people strategy in support of the business unit (BU) goals.
- Manage and investigate all HR and Employee Relations incidents. Report out to the leadership team and recommend course of actions.
- Assist in the implementation of human resources strategies, procedures, and processes for the BU to help build and sustain a high-performance organization.
- Exhibit strong integrity and loyalty to corporate vision and Mission while nurturing a performance-enhancing culture with an emphasis on safety and a productive team environment.
- Implement programs to maintain positive employee relations and to build relationships with local communities and business/educational institutions.
- Help support all people initiatives and practices including recruitment, talent, leadership development, diversity, performance management, organizational design, compensation, etc.
Talent Assessment and Development: In partnership with the leadership team and Talent COE, continually drive improvements in talent development and acquisition.
- Assist in the development of strategies to increase employee engagement, commitment, and safety.
- Lead and/or assist in the coordination of career fairs and special projects involving campus military, diversity recruitment, etc.
- In conjunction with the Talent COE, execute talent acquisition strategies to include hourly employees, talent augmentation (temporary employees), new hire onboarding, onsite interview processes, and local talent pipelines.
Effective HR Execution: Help ensure HR Operations enhance and enable business results while providing vision, leadership, and excellence in execution.
- Serve as an employee advocate, internal consultant and business partner with management on human resources issues impacting the performance of the manufacturing operations and all support functions. Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Provide generalist field support to both manufacturing and salaried employees to ensure that administrative needs are met for HR services including benefit open enrollment, compensation cycles, safety program administration, Government requirements such as EEOC, OSHA, and Vets reporting, other regulatory compliance, and overall employee relations policy administration
- Participate in community actives to build a relationship with community representatives and continually promote the ICD plant as an employer of choice.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment; implementing multiple HR functions and capabilities in order to quickly respond to business challenges.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant and progressive Human Resources experience in manufacturing
- Strong Employee Relations skills including investigatory skills and problem resolution/recommendations
- Experience and exposure to Benefits Administration, Employee Relations, Safety Programs, Compensation, Recruitment, Training, Onboarding, and Engagement
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal with a strong desire to serve and grow a dynamic organization
- Should have strong analytical skills and ability to track and interpret data
- Travel – 10% scheduled overnight travel is possible to provide HR support at other regional locations to attend team meetings, provide training, assist with recruitment/onboarding, employee relations, working on ad-hoc projects, etc.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.