Product Training & Development Specialist
Location: United States
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Develops and executes strategies to educate customers (distributors, end users and engineering firms among others) and employees for Hubbell Utility Solutions products and services. This is a key role within the company which will lead to long-term sustainable growth. The role leverages adult teaching techniques to educate key stake holders about the various markets (Electric, Water, Gas, Communications and Civil Construction) and the applications of the products and services offered by HUS. This role is not about how to use the product or service but why and where to use the product or service instead.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses product training needs through internal and external discussions and means
- Identifies problems and opportunities such as industry developments that education could improve customer’s system along with sales ability to communicate with customer
- Conducts annual education need assessment
- Ensures all product training is consistent with Hubbell culture and objectives
- Presents product training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lecture, simulations, video conferencing, etc
- Assesses training materials prepared by SMEs
- Creates, organizes, plans, and presents various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for sales employees and customers
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training
- Creates matrix to evaluate and measure results via assessments, surveys and other forms of feedback
- Modifies programs as needed
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in training and development
- Ensures that training milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved training budget
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff
- Works with other utility organizations to partner on education or other collateral
- Active in utility industry to stay on top of new trends / ideas
- Works with HEM on various education campaigns
Skills and Experience
- Articulate StoryLine experience preferred
- Utility market background required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.