Product Support Specialist
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
At Ripley Tools, we’re passionate about our work and proud to be at the cutting edge of the cable industry. We design, create and supply the high quality tools that installers and engineers depend on every day. With decades of experience in the fiber, power utilities and cable TV industries, we understand the unique challenges engineers face - and we create our tools with these challenges in mind. It’s why Ripley tools have always been the engineer’s tool of choice. When they’re out in the field and working at height, in tight spaces or to demanding deadlines, they know our tools will give them the precision and performance they need.
Responsible for technical product support, developing application specific collateral for sales team/marketing and assisting with training for internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop hand tool application knowledge required to:
- Enhance and expand existing training and product application video library
- Expand application and cross-reference database for product line
- Perform competitive analysis, testing and benchmarking
- Assist R&D engineering team to perform benchmark product testing
- Assist Application Manager and Customer Service group to answer product related technical inquires
- Assist Application Manager and Ripley sales personnel to demonstrate product line at end user customers and distributors
- Establish and maintain a line of communications with Ripley Sales, Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing departments to impart any product enhancements, new application needs or field problems
- Provide constructive feedback to sales and marketing personnel to better promote our products to the end customer via electronic and print media
- Travel (as required) - North America
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Management
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience in general knowledge of hand tool application.
- Excellent hands-on and mechanical aptitude and ability to work independently.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
46 Nooks Hill Rd,
Cromwell, CT 06416
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.