Product Manager - Winsted, CT
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Product Manager will lead the development and management of marketing strategies pertaining to the Utility markets (Communications, Power, Cable TV, OEM). Responsible for development of new markets for existing products. Will generate new product ideas and follow through with development, this may include establishing marketing policies such as pricing, promotion and handling field performance issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for new product development to include market analysis, specification development, pricing, product application, and product lifecycle management.
- Assist customer service on product application, customer problems, and opportunities.
- Provide a network for communication with the sales (domestic and international) force and product specialists.
- Communicate with application engineers and field sales to assure product needs are being met.
- Act as engineering liaison in development of new products.
- Generate new product ideas based on market demands and sound business analysis by creating detailed specifications.
- Establish and implement market policies such as pricing, promotion and product extensions.
- Create business and marketing plans for existing product expansions and new product launches.
- Guide new product development launch, including specifying features, marketing plans, and launch process.
- Work with marketing research and channel distribution; develop marketing plans, for new and legacy product lines.
- Lead cross-functional teams for manufacturing, scheduling, cost control and quality departments to maintain a profitable market position.
- Develop expertise on all EMC platforms, how they work, how they are differentiated, how they bring value and how they help solve customers’ problems.
- Interface with customers, engineering, business operations, applications engineering, quality assurance, sales, distributors, resellers, solutions partners, analysts and industry consultants.
- Responsible for managing the strategic product roadmap, product development, product launch, product marketing and business development strategy in order to gain maximum business growth from each product.
- Participates in industry standard committees to represent company interests and identify key technical requirements for products.
Skills and Experience
- BS Degree in business, engineering, or marketing.
- 5 years of experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment, preferably in the utility industry.
- Proactive, innovative, solution-oriented.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet project objectives and timelines.
- Be a team player.
- Possess strong ambition, drive and motivation to succeed.
- Ability to travel up to 50% as needed.
- Global perspective and strong customer interaction skills
- Direct experience with one or more of the following is highly desirable:
- Cable TV
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.