Materials Handler - Arden, NC
Location: Arden, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
20 Glenn Bridge Rd, Arden NC 28704
The role of the Warehouse Associate III in the training of new and current employees in the Warehouse and assist in all roles in the Distribution Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment as well as the safety and security of all employees by following all safety, company, and 6S standards in the distribution center
- Perform initial on-the-job training with new employees and cross-training for current employees into other work areas as directed by cross training plan.
- Conduct post-incident recertification in coordination with the local Environmental Health and Safety team.
- Ensure new and current employees are certified or recertified, if necessary, based on federal, state, and company standards.
- Complete all documentation required to ensure trainee is properly certificated to perform their role including cross training matrix, training checklist(s), certification sign-offs, etc.
- Recommend improvements to warehouse tasks to meet customer demands while maintaining safety and quality levels
- Implement visual aids with the distribution center in compliance with company policy
- When not in trainer role report to supervisor for assignment within 15 minutes of start of shift.
Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
Skills and Experience
- Five years or more operating in a high-volume warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- Three years or more operating forklift equipment in warehouse environment.
- Intermediate Computer Skills (Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, SAP)
- Core Competencies Include: Technical/Position Specific Knowledge of each major area within the DC; Positive communication that support the company culture; effective written and verbal communication skills.
- One year or more in a training capacity is preferred
- Note: This position is required to achieve satisfactory completion of the Powered Industrial Truck Trainer course
- Ability to do work requiring continuous standing and bending
- Must be able to operate the equipment properly
- Must be able to drive forklift and other warehouse equipment, read instructions, operate machines, and inspect parts, etc.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.