Production Supervisor 2nd Shift - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems
1850 Richland Avenue
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
The Production Supervisor is responsible for all production, quality, production efficiency, employee performance, safety, and housekeeping of a given manufacturing department or departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Achieve manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaches, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring all steps of the process, observing control points and monitoring equipment and resources.
- Works closely with Maintenance and Engineering to ensure equipment uptime.
- Work with Department Manager and Quality Management Team on customer complaints, quality issues, Non-conformance issues and process control improvements.
- Implement cost reductions, develop reporting procedures and systems; facilitate corrections to malfunctions within the production process control points; initiate and fosters a spirit of cooperation within the department
- Coordinate with staff and other production members with regards to daily production, scrap, inventory and quality concerns.
- Maintain good working relationship with Union by following Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Assist in implementing LEAN concepts and continuous improvement activities…Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, 5S, Kan Ban, etc.
- Provide employee mentorship and development.
- Must be able to work extended hours when required
- 80% of the time spent on the production floor
Skills and Experience
- 3 – 5 years supervisory experience.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Kaizen and/or Lean training helpful.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift (3 pm - 11pm)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.