Manufacturing & Operations Intern (Summer 2023) - St. Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This is an Internship position is in the Manufacturing & Operations organization within the Hubbell Utility Systems (HUS) business unit. Specifically, this position will be embedded with a Supply Chain team and have an opportunity to engage in day-to-day activities and special projects aimed at driving results during multiple phases of the business process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attain operational proficiency associated with required systems, processes and procedures.
- Proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders to communicate status of prioritized workload.
- Observe current systems, processes and procedures and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support ad-hoc requests that require data to be collected, analyzed and trends identified.
- Effectively manage time to accomplish a variety of unrelated tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Utilize good judgement to problem solve in order to overcome performance obstacles.
- Operate with discipline and integrity in all that you do.
Skills and Experience
- Time management and multi-tasking
- Problem Solving & Judgement
- Collaboration and Communication (verbal and written)
- MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.