Production Supervisor - Freeburg, IL
Location: Freeburg, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor ensures the production of company products at the highest quality at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures. Hours: 6am up to 3:30pm M-TH / 6am to 2:30pm Fri / Saturdays rotate approx. once every 6 weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritize, schedule, and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the systems integration and test functions to ensure the production of products at the highest quality at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards, and customer specification and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Plan production schedules, review component parts, and sub-assembly availability against build schedule.
- Review parts shortages with purchasing, and adjust schedules as necessary.
- Ensure the training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company’s standards for safety, quality, quantity, and productivity.
- Participate in planning meetings, recommending space, personnel, and equipment requirements.
- Ensure adherence to operating procedures and requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement through actively engaging employees in areas of waste identification and elimination, including use of tools such as Value Stream Mapping, Standard work, 5S+, TPM etc.
- Continually evaluate processes and methods, recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment, performance, utilization of people, and quality of product.
- Act as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems; analyze and resolve work problems, and assist workers in solving work problems utilizing systematic problem solving tools (A3, 8D, 5 Why etc.)
- Ensure the completion of all required production paperwork, records, documentation, such as time cards, quality records, etc.
Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with sheet metal preferred.
- Union experience a plus.
- Previous Supervisor experience preferred.
- MS Office proficient.
- SAP knowledge preferred.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and/or two plus years related experience.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.