Buyer - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
1850 Richland Avenue East
Aiken, South Carolina 29803
The Buyer will locate, qualify and lead suppliers to provide the highest quality product at the lowest cost with the highest timely delivery rate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and qualify new low-cost suppliers for raw materials.
- Analyzes plans, lot sizes, lead times, and replenishment strategies in order to balance inventory investment, customer service, and productivity.
- Confers with production teams and factory schedulers to set promise dates for new orders.
- Maintain relationships and performance of existing suppliers and take action as the need arises.
- Lead purchasing activities to ensure that sufficient parts are on hand to meet short range schedules for make-to-order products.
- Analyzes and adjusts, as vital, purchasing activities that are affected by changes in raw material and equipment.
- Assist with physical inventory preparation and work to minimize supermarket size.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years' of purchasing and/or experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have experience leading supplier relationships and negotiations
- Strong experience working with MRP systems; SAP highly preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.