Associate Design Engineer - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
*Aiken, SC (Hybrid Work Schedule- Incorporating in Plant, Travel, and some remote work.)*
The Associate Design Engineer will be responsible for all engineering functions for a given product line within the Hubbell Power Systems Bushings business unit and working with the product management team to grow the product line and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new products and enhance current products such as high voltage bushings.
- Work with internal marketing, engineering, and operations staff to ensure the company’s key metrics are met.
- Design new and engineered-to-order products, calculate electrical and mechanical, or thermal values, and check/approve design documents including drawings
- Design required tooling and fixtures.
- Develop 3D drawings and FEM models for the products
- Participate in the diagnosis of testing equipment issues
- Participate in quality assurance activities and projects
- Participate in factory process review, and present & implement ideas for costing savings and productivity improvements.
- Work with vendors and operations to identify and approve new component designs, materials and processes.
- Conduct root failure analysis with or without customers, and write technical reports electronically
- Use commercial software to evaluate product
- Work with customers directly, by video, email, phone, or through Marketing on specification review, product recommendation, and testing troubleshooting.
- Participate in national standard meetings and represent the company in professional societies such as IEEE and CSA.
- Work with corporate on different initiatives such as Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA).
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Engineering design or related work experience
- Be a team player and work under minimal supervision
- Possess strong analytical skills and good writing skills in technical reports
- Ability to read blueprints/engineering drawings
- Ability to use both English and metric units interchangeably
- Experience with Computer-aided design & analysis software such as AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks etc.
- Understanding of FEM (finite element method) and experience with software such as Ansys, Solidworks, or Comsol would be helpful but not required
- Willingness to travel both domestic and international, and at times, on short notice.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.