Sr. Business Unit Controller - Centralia, MO (Hybrid)
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring a Sr. Business Unit Controller to our growing team!
This Senior level accounting position will ensure adherence to Hubbell Accounting Policies, Practices, and Controls. Position will serve as a Business Partner to the Vice President/General Manager to lend support to the business unit in achieving Operating Profit objectives.
Seeking a self-motivated individual with strong initiative and an interest in joining a high performing team!.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to work hands on within the business and communicate effectively up the chain of command
- Ability to work across functional areas to support the leadership of various departments
- Work with VP/GM to develop improvement plans and make financially sound business decisions
- Work with local and corporate leadership to develop the Annual Operating Plan as well as the Strategic Plan
- Work with local 3rd party consultants on Tax and Customs issues
- Manage cycle counts and annual physical inventories and reconcile all differences
- Direct the efforts of staff members
- Ensure adherence to SOX and Hubbell Accounting policies and procedures
- Work with Internal and External Auditors as required
- Assume fiduciary responsibility over all company assets
Skills and Experience
- BS or Master’s in Accounting
- MBA preferred
- CMA/CPA preferred
- 5+ years of Cost Accounting experience utilizing SAP in a manufacturing environment
- Strong hands on SAP experience a significant plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Power user of Excel and Hyperion HFM
- 5+ years of general accounting experience using SAP
- Strong Knowledge of GAAP
- Previous Finance/Controllership responsibility
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you!
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.