Field Service Engineer - Reading, PA
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
At HIPOTRONICS we believe that access to safe and reliable power is not just a privilege, but a right. By providing innovative and dependable test and measurement solutions to our customers around the world, we help make this dream a reality. HIPOTRONICS, as a subsidiary of Hubbell Incorporated (HUBB), employs people worldwide and holds numerous U.S. and international patents. With production areas in the United States, we bring 60 years of history and experience to our work focusing on total quality.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing field service and technical assistance to customers in areas of installation, startup, maintenance, repair, and training of high voltage test equipment and measurement instrumentation manufactured by Hipotronics Inc.
This position requires approximately 60%- 80% travel throughout the USA and Internationally. Overnight trips typically range from 2-3 days in USA and occasionally 1-2 weeks for International travel. You will also be required to support factory testing in Reading, PA typically at the end of the month or when needed. The rest of the time you will be responsible for maintaining administrative duties such as trip reports, calibration reports, customer support via TEAMS, phone or video.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to customer locations to install, repair or calibrate high voltage test systems.
- Provide timely, detailed, and accurate reports of service work performed and quality / product improvement areas.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers while cross-selling other Hipotronics products and services to ensure full customer satisfaction.
- Perform final tests on new system sales and generate corresponding test and calibration documentation that will be sent to customers.
Skills and Experience
- Strong electrical/mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Background or relevant coursework in high voltage test or metrology is a plus.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, technical manuals, and policies.
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization capability.
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of internal and external customers.
- The ability to work at heights.
- Standard computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel and TEAMS.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.