Senior Controls Engineer - Archdale, NC
Location: Archdale, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
The Senior Controls Engineer will be responsible for both new product development and redesign of older equipment to address parts obsolescence with primary focus on designing, developing, testing, validating, and troubleshooting industrial control panels with VFD's, PLC's, and internally developed hardware. This position will reside in Archdale, NC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design products that meet engineering standards, applicable codes, customer specifications, and within cost and schedule constraints.
- Ensure conformance to various codes, NEMA and company standards for quality and manufacturability.
- Create and maintain 3D/2D models, design layouts, and production drawings using CAD tools.
- Assess older equipment designs facing parts obsolescence, and redesign that equipment when necessary.
- Function as technical resource for product field support and resolve questions and problems.
- Enter and maintain material master data and assembly BOMs using business application (SAP).
- Generate reports relevant to product design, quality, and testing.
- Set up and perform electrical power and mechanical tests to verify product performance. Must have a working knowledge of electrical test equipment and laboratory procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Must have at least 5 years industry experience in switchgear and control equipment.
- Proficient with 2D/3D CAD design tools; familiarity with Autodesk inventor and AutoCAD desired.
- Experience with VFD's desired.
- Excellent knowledge of electronic and mechanical components.
- Strong organizational skills in documenting design, testing, and validation processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, customers and other employees of the organization.
- Experience with the design requirements of UL508A and/or UL218 is a plus.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering degree.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach above shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move drawings, files, parts, components, and manuals weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Willing and able to travel up to 10%.
4301 Cheyenne Drive
Archdale, NC 27263
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.