Tax Intern (Summer 2023) - Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Tax Intern will report directly to the Senior Tax Manager and will have an opportunity to collaborate with all tax team members. The candidate needs to demonstrate curiosity, ability to think broadly, and willingness to learn new topics
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare trial balances used for US tax compliance
- Assist with the federal and international income tax compliance process including data gathering, review and completion of various tax computations
- Assist with calculating state tax credits
- Address and resolve in a timely manner various state income tax notices
- Provide support for state tax audits
- Research various federal and state matters related to income tax
- Interact with various stakeholders within the organization
- Help with special projects as needed
Skills and Experience
- Accounting major currently in sophomore or senior year
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Desire to learn about Federal, State and International Taxation
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a result driven team-oriented environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.