Quality Technician - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Quality Technician is responsible for supporting the Quality and Manufacturing Operations on a plant-wide basis across all raw material, process and product lines as assigned. This includes: ensuring compliance to in-house specifications, standards and good manufacturing practices; first article inspections; communicating process and product quality issues in a timely manner to Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement and all appropriate cross-functional departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections of products, in accordance with inspection instructions and specifications, to verify that quality, production, and customer standards/requirements are met.
- Perform measurements using standard metrology equipment; such as: micrometers, calipers, surface plates, height gauges, optical comparators, hardness testers, CMM, and laser scanner CMM.
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of quality system standards and documentation in conformance with local policies, including procedures, visual standards and process control data.
- Communicate acceptance/rejection of inspection results.
- Make recommendations on inspection, product, productivity, tracking, reporting and/or scrap improvements, while maintaining or improving current quality standards.
- Train Operators in the use of inspection gages and techniques, test procedures and requirements, and standard work as required.
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance or Manufacturing experience.
- Must be capable of making precision measurements in the disciplines of electronics, physical/dimensional, mass, temperature, humidity, pressure, force and torque.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with the Microsoft suite of applications.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently.
- Basic welding knowledge and acceptance criteria.
- Reading and interpreting Engineering drawings and specifications, as well as having experience in performing and documenting dimensional layouts.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Lifting up to 20lbs frequently and up to 50lbs occasionally.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors and temperature extremes of 0 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.