Assembler - 2nd Shift
Job Type: Not Specified
GAI-Tronics owned by Hubbell Incorporated, is the world's largest company focused on the communication needs of the world's industrial markets. Founded in 1946, GAI-Tronics' earliest products set the industry standard for durability and reliability. While maintaining our commitment to the principles of quality and customer service, today's GAI-Tronics aggressively applies leading edge technology to solve the world's most challenging communication needs, and is backed by stability, reputation, and financial strength of Hubbell Incorporated, a worldwide leader in electrical and electronic products. Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It is this talent that we consider to be our company's greatest asset.
3030 Kutztown Road
Reading, PA 19605
Assemble quality products in an expedient manner, under close supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Assemble a variety of items:
- Use pneumatic and simple hand tools (screwdriver, needle-nose pliers, hand cutters)
- Operate various manufacturing or simple electronic equipment (air driver, hand crimper, hand-cutting machine, lead-forming equipment). May include stand-off machine, amp machine, and solder iron
- May include assembly of components on printed circuit boards, wire harnesses and/or final product
- Perform soldering
- Verify production processes
- Complete required paperwork accurately (ex: control sheet, timesheets, scrap/shortage sheet).
- Assure assemblies are complete and make minor repairs if necessary.
- Inform group leader or supervisor of problems that may arise.
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Requires good hand and eye coordination, finger dexterity, mobility and ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to distinguish and identify different components/part colors.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.