Production Supervisor - 3rd shift - Lincoln, NH
Location: Lincoln, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
34 Bern Dibner Road
Lincoln, NH 03251
Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products in industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors
Shift Hours are 11 pm - 7:30 am
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assure compliance with Federal, State, Local, and company safety regulations, procedures, policies and best practices. Responsible for building and maintaining a safety culture.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing principles to assure efficient, safe delivery of high-quality products to customers.
- Maintain high levels of employee engagement by developing employee skills, being accessible to employees, and addressing concerns and other practices and activities.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to production superintendent for action.
- Compiles stores and retrieves production data.
Skills and Experience
- 3 – 5 years supervisory experience.
- Manufacturing experience required.
- Kaizen and/or Lean training preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must be able to work 3rd shift hours (11 pm – 7:30am)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
You’ve got this!