Director, Utility Broadband - St. Louis, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacturing of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication and Utility Broadband purposes and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries. At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of communications, electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in four segments: Communications, Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology
Responsible for developing national sales and marketing strategies designed to achieve high rates of growth in the Utility Broadband market for North America. Build, train, and manage the sales, channel marketing and distribution network. Coordinate with Business Unit Directors, Pricing Group management/personnel and sales personnel to design product marketing and sales strategies. Provide leadership to manage the implementation of the sales strategies and achievement of annual volume goals.
Skills and Experience
Provide strategic direction for the Utility Broadband market; establish direction and prioritizing opportunities and product approvals nationally. Evaluate market potential. Work with BU leaders and key stakeholders to develop end user product approaches and to increase HUS market share, knowledge, awareness, and ownership.
- Focus business development activity to target markets; develop national Utility Broadband sales plans, forecast results, and update plans as necessary.
- Expand and improve our existing direct sales force.
- Develop strategic sales plan for the Utility Broadband segment adhering to clear and measurable objectives.
- Design positions and qualifications, lead hiring activity. Put in place enhanced performance measurement systems.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key customers including EF&I companies, distributors, electrical cooperatives and PUD’s, engineers and contractors.
- Communicate frequently and effectively between multiple commercial sales teams leading collaborative sales initiatives among them.
- Develop and implement training programs for customers and sales team members. Measure and manage sales force effectiveness, productivity and volume growth.
- Work with the Communications Channel Director, EU sales team and Channel Director to manage and evaluate the existing distributor network. Make additions and improvements to the network.
- Oversee adherence to Hubbell Inc. policies and processes
- Coordinate with BU’s to see that the team has sufficient technical support and training.
- Lead integration efforts between existing and new sales resources as we continue to expand by acquisition. Measure the results and adjust as necessary.
- Work with BU leaders, and sales personnel to develop specific product strategies for high growth products. Strategies shall be designed to maximize sales and standard margins by targeted market.
- Provide direction to collect and analyze market and competitor information and recommend prioritized product and introduction strategies.
- Use industry knowledge to explore opportunities for acquisitions that add strategic value to HPS.
- Work closely with internal shared services groups including the Pricing Group to provide market channel strategies; competitive price levels; and market analysis.
- Work closely with the Customer Service organization to assure professional, timely, accurate processing of quotations, order entry and shipment performance as directed by the customer and in-line with HPS policies.
- Work in conjunction with local sales representatives and channel partners to make regular executive level customer visits to reinforce awareness and preference for HPS.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.