Technical Trainer - Solon, OH
Location: Solon, Ohio, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HUS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HUS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas, and water industries.
HUS has four business units. Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) is our electrical components and infrastructure business. Aclara is our AMI and Meters business and also includes an installation business. Hubbell Gas Connectors and Accessories (HGCA) sells connectors and accessories for the repair, replacement and refurbishment of natural gas systems. Our fourth business is our Protection and Controls business which is our newest business initiative to drive substation communications, control and protection solutions. HUS provides these solutions in the Electric Utility, Water, Gas and Communications Market.
At HUS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of principled integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Technical Training Specialist conducts Aclara training courses through electronic and classroom delivery at Aclara, at customer sites, and through online venues. The Technical Training Specialist works with the Technical Publications, Technical Support and other Aclara departments to create new training material, update existing material, and constantly strives to provide customers and employees with the most beneficial training possible for Aclara products and services, as well as personal development. The Technical Training Specialist must keep up-to-date with all new Aclara products, keeping the training material current and working toward being a Subject Matter Expert for all courses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Aclara training classes in a classroom setting and online via webinars for customers and employees
- Create, or assist with the creation of, syllabuses and agendas, looking for new methods of training to complement existing courses or launching new courses; assist with conducting Training Needs Analyses to identify potential training opportunities/requirements
- Constantly strive to achieve very high student satisfaction ratings
- Organize and maintain the training rooms and equipment needed for our classroom and offsite space. Ensure attendees have everything needed for on-site training, including food and beverages, a clean room, working equipment, supplemental material like manuals, etc.
- Conduct training in the field when necessary
- Provide all pre-and-post training activities with students, including working with the student to prepare for the training and following up with the student to ensure all training needs were met
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or higher level degree
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 5 years of experience in technical training will be considered equivalent
- 3 or more years’ experience effectively gathering information from technical personnel and translating the data into easy-to-understand information suitable for end-user adult learning
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, including excellent presentation skills, and interpersonal (customer relations) skills
- Intermediate skills in MS Office, basic computer application skills, database concepts, and networking basics
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work independently as well as on a team, detail-oriented, and exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to travel up to 60% throughout the year, as needed.
- Experience in adult learning methodologies, instructional design theories and best practices, simulation development, certification programs, e-learning development, levels of evaluation, training media skills, etc.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.