Human Resources Manager - Archdale, NC
Location: Archdale, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
The HR Manager for Hubbell Industrial Controls is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level, for a 200+ employee manufacturing facility. The HR Manager works closely with the local Operations leadership team and other supporting functional teams (Engineering, Customer Service, Sales) to support the organization. This candidate will partner closely with his or her counterparts within the Corporate HR team to ensure alignment of performance management, succession planning, compensation, training & development, recruitment, employee engagement, diversity & inclusion, safety and overall HR support teams to support local plant initiatives. This candidate should be proactive in their approach, look for opportunities to improve circumstances, and seek to find creative ways to utilize best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as strategic and tactical resource to the local leadership teams, provides human resource leadership and direction that supports division’s objectives/goals.
- Supports business initiatives while also advocating for our associates and employees.
- Partners with managers to create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Drive talent management activities including succession planning and annual performance review process.
- In partnership with business and finance, ensure variable compensation plans are designed to motivate the right behaviors to drive further commercial success.
- Conducts employee relations activities by working with management and corporate compliance teams to resolve workplace conflict and/or code of conduct violations, to establish and maintain an inclusive and ethical organization.
- Implements HR programs in support of Talent and Rewards, i.e., onboarding, New Employee Orientation, compensation review, records management, safety and health, employee relations, retention, and AA/EEO compliance
- Align with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions; audits and assists with compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting
- Develops brand appropriate, HR related communications (policies, procedures, legal guidance, etc.)
- Acts as a continuous learner, participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Assists in the development and implementation of changes to personnel policies and procedures
- Assists leaders in establishing goals, objectives and systems that drive the Hubbell business forward
- Maintains accurate data in the HRIS for all groups supported
- Is comfortable using data and analytics; uses a metrics-based approach to business decisions.
- Demonstrates the ability to actively listen to employees at all levels in the organization.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all employee and organizational data; driven by integrity.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and five plus years’ HR experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in labor relations preferred (grievances, discipline, CBA, etc.) but not required.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems; Success Factors experience is a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including use of Teams and Office 365
- Executive level presentation skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Ability to effectively give and receive feedback across all levels of management; ability to influence senior managers
- Stellar organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task and to meet competing goals.
- Occasional regional travel up to 5% of the time (domestic travel only) to sister locations within the division
4301 Cheyenne Dr, Archdale, NC 27263
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.