Regional Sales Representative - Southeast Region
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring a Sales Representative to our growing team!
A Hubbell Company, Continental Industries, headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was formed in 1958 and is today a leading manufacturer of connectors for gas, propane, and water distribution service lines and exothermic welding products for electrical grounding, cathodic protection, lightning protection, and electric railways. Sales Representatives are responsible for selling products for manufacturers or distributors to business and industrial establishments. Territory includes GA, NC, SC, KY, TN, FL, MS & AL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements overall sales plan for territory with individual account strategies including account profile, competitive landscape, customer share, and market price points for specific items.
- Provides sales forecasts and sets performance goals consistent with corporate objectives.
- Communicates market intelligence immediately to the proper internal department.
- Utilizes reporting tools and processes including weekly itinerary, call reports, monthly forecast updates, sample follow-up, and contact data update.
- Ability at present to all appropriate levels of account promoting services and product offering.
- Ability to specify products and explain or demonstrate product application to engineering and operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of inventory control processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of logistic and supply chain management.
- Participate in the justification of total business case including ROI to justify long term opportunities.
- Ability to overcome customer objections to profitably close new business.
- Analytical evaluation of problem to develop an effective solution.
- Professional communication, follow-up, and correspondence with customer.
- Establish and retain long-term customer relationships.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs and price schedules.
- Travels throughout assigned territory.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of territory to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within the organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MS Office proficient.
- Strong communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Solid leadership skills
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail, and other PC application skills. Order processing systems; Project Management software; and Contact Management systems.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you!