Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
A Material Handler maintains production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory and delivering production materials and supplies; including keeping accurate counts, examining, weighing and checking incoming materials and supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Moves materials to and from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and manufacturing areas by hand or with available material handling equipment (MHE) such as hand truck, pallet jack, cart, forklift, or hydraulic lift.
- Loads and unloads incoming and outgoing materials and products
- Performs and reports cycle counts
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock by recording location of inventory in warehouse/on the shelves.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on bill of materials and delivering to appropriate work cell staging/kitting area
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Documents materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units.
- Receives credit-return material and supplies from production by verifying materials and supplies code and lot number and quantity; placing materials in back in stock.
- Operates forklifts, hand tools, and other equipment to move freight and material.
- Ensures all items are secured on pallets that are placed on racks.
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections and properly filling out user inspection records.
- Keep work areas, warehouse, storage areas, and all equipment clean, neat and orderly
- Complies with all RW Lyall’s applicable Environmental and Safety rules, policies and regulations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience working in a warehouse setting or in logistics; experience in operating material handling equipment preferred
- Certification to operate a forklift truck preferred but not required
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to read, write, and to follow instructions, and work independently with little guidance
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time; ability to bend and to lift heavy materials not to exceed 35 LBS.
- Ability to operate computers and relevant warehouse management computer software
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including overtime and weekends
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.