Staff Accountant - St. Louis, MO - Hybrid
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring a Staff Accountant to our growing team!
The Staff Accountant is responsible for monitoring engineering, software, and customer project accounting, and supporting the business to analyze actual revenues against plan to identify root causes for variances. This role is a hybrid role in St. Louis, MO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating and analyzing monthly margin reports for significant customer projects and presenting findings to team.
- Responsible for analyzing engineering project revenue and costs against plan.
- Communicate with software project managers on a monthly basis to determine the costs that should be capitalized for applicable software development projects.
- Process Project Work Authorization requests and prepare them in JDE.
- Perform month end activities for our three-day close process including preparing journal entries, preparing and analyzing margin reports, and supporting the Accounting Supervisor in close activities.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- A self-starter who can work independently and execute projects effectively
- An individual able to work hands on within the various departments of the organization and communicate effectively across the organization.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HUS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HUS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas, and water industries.
HUS has four business units. Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) is our electrical components and infrastructure business. Aclara is our AMI and Meters business and also includes an installation business. Hubbell Gas Connectors and Accessories (HGCA) sells connectors and accessories for the repair, replacement and refurbishment of natural gas systems. Our fourth business is our Protection and Controls business which is our newest business initiative to drive substation communications, control and protection solutions. HUS provides these solutions in the Electric Utility, Water, Gas and Communications Market.
At HUS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of principled integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity and our company. We look forward to hearing from you! #LI-HB1 #LI-Hybrid