Production Supervisor (Night Shift) - Rocky Mount, NC
Location: Rocky Mount
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
546 English Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
4 - Day Rotation (4 days on, 4 days off)
7:15pm - 7:30am
Supervisors are responsible for all safety, quality, production, production efficiency, employee performance, and housekeeping of a given manufacturing department or departments. All work assignments are to be issued to the employees of the department by the Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure schedule adherence; department employees are present at the beginning of each shift and in correct work areas. Ensure staffing is in alignment with the schedule.
- Balance safety, housekeeping, quality, on-time delivery, productivity, cost, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Supervise departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to management.
- Perform incident investigations; recommend actions to prevent reoccurrences of problems.
- Facilitate cross training.
- Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Coordinate with Human Resources any disciplinary actions, which might be required.
- Spend 80%+ of shift on the production floor, in assigned department.
Other Job Duties:
- Leadership: ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Planning: Ability to plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Supervision, including employee hiring and retention, performance review and discipline.
- Monitor and maintain attendance records in E-time.
- Inventory management and production recording in SAP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage multiple priorities.
- Will be working with and around chemicals.
Skills and Experience
- Supervisory experience
- Lean and Kaizen training
- Must be computer literate
- Press Operations experience would be helpful
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekend shifts
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.