Hardware Engineer - Portsmouth, NH
Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
We are on a journey, with our electric, gas and water utility partners, to supply smart infrastructure solutions to enable automation and control of their distribution networks. Our cloud native solutions are foundation to more resilient, efficient, and ultimately modern grid and ensure security, stability, and operational efficiency across all three commodities: electric, water and gas.
At Aclara Technologies LLC, a division of Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS), we help utilities manage change, seek new approaches, and harness data and new technologies to supply more efficient and reliable services to their customers. As an end-to-end, smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) partner we couple innovative technology with data-driven solutions to predict, plan and respond to system conditions across electric, gas or water distribution networks. We offer a comprehensive suite of solutions comprised of meters and edge devices, advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), cloud native and meter data management solutions. We also offer advanced grid monitoring and grid analytics, asset management and field project management and installation solution, and provision of labor with a single point of accountability to utilities. Our cloud native industrial IoT and predictive analytics solutions give our customers actionable insights with real-time visibility of their distribution networks to optimize operations and engage with their consumers to promote energy efficiency and conservation.
Join us on this journey in providing smart infrastructure solutions and helping our customers deal with today’s and tomorrow’s complex challenges. (See more at www.Aclara.com)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Electrical hardware development incorporating all aspects of hardware design from concept to production launch including circuit design, schematic design, PCB design, testing, and documentation.
- Ensure hardware captures and maintains system-level behavior that meets stated requirements.
- Develop strategy to validate resulting design against requirements including the development of design verification test procedures.
- Responsible for the overall quality of the hardware incorporated in the system, communicating progress and challenges during development with functional and project management and completing development on the agreed-to schedule.
- Designs must be compliant with requirements of governing agencies (FCC, IC, UL) and must be capable of achieving relevant agency listings.
- Capable of interacting in a team environment and working with others to achieve the best possible product that meets requirements in the most cost-effective manner.
- Experience working in an environment where design staff and operations interact daily to manage component and product delivery issues.
- Experience working directly with customers regarding product features and issues.
- Motivated self-starter and independent decision making based on data-driven judgment.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager
Education, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with electrical hardware design and development activities associated with high volume, cost-sensitive commercial or industrial electronic products.
- 1 or more years designing microprocessor-based instruments incorporating wireless and wired communication as well as precision analog circuitry.
- Working understanding of Design Verification Testing at the circuit level.
- Experience with board bring-up and solid trouble shooting methodology using common tools such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and various types of handheld meters.
- Competent working with Microsoft Office and related software operating on a Windows platform.
- Experience mitigating immunity and emissions issues in analog/RF designs.
- Experience in a technical leadership role interacting with firmware, software, hardware, and system contributors both onsite and remote.
- Experience with simulation tools such as Spice and proprietary vendor tools to simulate analog circuit performance.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.