Test Engineer - Somersworth, NH
Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
We are on a journey, with our electric, gas and water utility partners, to supply smart infrastructure solutions to enable automation and control of their distribution networks. Our cloud native solutions are foundation to more resilient, efficient and ultimately modern grid and ensure security, stability and operational efficiency across all three commodities: electric, water and gas.
At Aclara Technologies LLC, a division of Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS), we help utilities manage change, seek new approaches, and harness data and new technologies to supply more efficient and reliable services to their customers. As an end-to-end, smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) partner we couple innovative technology with data-driven solutions to predict, plan and respond to system conditions across electric, gas or water distribution networks. We offer a comprehensive suite of solutions comprised of meters and edge devices, advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), cloud native and meter data management solutions. We also offer advanced grid monitoring and grid analytics, asset management and field project management and installation solution, and provision of labor with a single point of accountability to utilities. Our cloud native industrial IoT and predictive analytics solutions give our customers actionable insights with real-time visibility of their distribution networks to optimize operations and engage with their consumers to promote energy efficiency and conservation.
Join us on this journey in providing smart infrastructure solutions and helping our customers deal with today’s and tomorrow’s complex challenges. (See more at www.Aclara.com)
130 Main St, Somersworth NH
30 New Hampshire Ave, Pease Tradeport, Portsmouth, NH
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of test cases, plans, documents and scripts for hardware and software products including large scale data communication systems. Responsible for coordinating all aspects of Technical Regulations and Standards (TRS), product safety and ensuring compliance to applicable regulatory and internal requirements.
We are looking for motivated, dedicated employees to join our fast growing team! We offer many competitive benefits to attract, retain and motivate employees such as medical, dental, vision, flex-spending, 401k, tuition reimbursement, vacation, holiday and PTO!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, implement, automate and maintain test cases, plans, procedures and programs for integration, verification, validation, functional, stress, and scalability testing, for NPI and field issue resolution, with limited guidance from manager
- Implement to commit dates
- Coordinate with project team during test planning, execution and reporting
- Effectively interpret and communicate test plans, results and metrics
- Participate in cross functional teams during new product development and issue resolution
- Quality process implementation and disciplined use of document control systems and automated testing and bug tracking software
- Root Cause Analysis of defects
- Will polish and develop skills as required to meet the needs of the business and to foster personal growth
- Other duties as assigned
- Research methods, technology, regulations
- Assist in the design of custom testing applications
- Work with customer support and engineering to validate new issues
- Will have rotating responsibility as designated Subject Matter Expert for one or more lab areas.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Degree in Information Technology, Software Development or equivalent
- Work experience in an engineering environment: new graduate to 10 years
- Can use standard lab tools, scopes, meters, analyzers, etc with products based on embedded microprocessors
- Some experience with test plan development and test/equipment automation tools
- Advanced Excel skills with data manipulation
- Intermediate knowledge working with Microsoft Office and other related software utilizing a Windows platform
- Strong time management skills, Ability to multitask in a multi-priority environment
- Ability to lead and motivate teams
- Experience writing application software with NET, C/C++, C#, Java, Python, VB
- Experience with MSSQL Server, IoT, AMI, meters systems
- Experience testing network communication devices
- Quality management systems such as ISO, Six Sigma, Design of Experiments, statistical analysis
- Electromagnetic Interference, Radio Frequency
- Reliability Engineering
- Standard Office/Lab environment, sitting, standing, stairs
- Lift Carry 25lbs, push pull 40 lbs.
- Normal 8 hr. shift involves walking standing sitting, stairs, hand/finger dexterity; with occasional bend, stoop, twist, reach
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.